When I made these cupcakes it was so hot and it had been so hot for weeks. My house does not have air conditioning, so when it is hot outside oh my gosh it is a sauna inside. I seen this recipe a few days prior and really wanted to make them, and the more I waited for nice weather the more I wanted to try them. So, on this day I decided screw it I am going to bake them. I waited till the sun went down in hopes that the house would be cooler. That actually did not work out but oh well I baked them anyway and they were so good. I have put the recipe below and a clip of the video as well.
Lemon Zucchini muffins
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp lemon juice (1 lemon yields 2 tsp zest and 2 tbsp of juice)
2 tsp lemon zest
Optional lemon glaze
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
Combine sugar and lemon juice in a small glass bowl. stir lightly. microwave for 15 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 10 seconds. let sit while you make the muffin-mixture thickens slightly with time.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. add in zucchini and other wet ingredients and stir to combine. Dough will be thick. (try not to use an electric mixture with muffins they have better texture and rise higher when you mix them by hand!).
- Let sit about 5 minutes while you line the muffin tin with cupcake liners. stir again- dough will be less thick.
- scoop about 3 tbsp into each muffin liner about 3/4 full. bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- let cool. brush with lemon glaze.